Home About Products Cameras Etsy Madeit Blog Tumblr Contact

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome to our flatt.







Welcome to my flat!

My flatmate Lachlan and I changed our lounge room around yesterday! It was super fun and we have it set out awesomely now! For the past 4 months it's been set out pretty much the same as where the moving men put the furniture, except we pushed it out to the walls. But now after our re arrange, it's like 4 lounge rooms in 1 !

Aaand, with the new addition of my spunky new lens, I thought it'd be the perfect excuse to post some photos.


Out kitchen is pretty much written off for both health and safety reasons lol, so it's been really difficult trying to prepare and store our food and plates and everything we *don't* want gross or tainted. By moving my big hutch / sideboard in to a spot where we can see it and access it more, we have made a brand new space to store all our cups and cutlery and electrical things like our microwave and toaster, as well as creating a little tea and coffee nook on the end!

 

The furniture in our flat is pretty awesome. It's almost all mine, bar a few things that Lachlan bought after we moved in. Our lounge was free on the side of the road lol, and it's pretty sick. All of the springs are completely destroyed in it so when you sit down it's a little hard to get up, but it's perfect for a beer and to lay back watching Archer or playing Xbox, or enjoying some vinyl on my extensive hi-fi and speaker system.

 

There's Lachlan! We moved the dining table to be right near the hallway door, which means it's right near the kitchen, which means that we can easily bring food in and out to prepare and avoid the stink of the kitchen sink and cupboards [toilet mixed with mould, anyone?]. We actually started a blog called 'Flattmates', but we haven't had the time to post in it in forever. We've been taking more dumb photos and videos whilst drinking though, so maybe soon we'll have the time to post.


So I tag teamed a film lens on to my new lens, and the results are uber dreamy. There is this whole halo effect and the light seems to bounce twice. It's pretty great.

Well, that was a small slither of our lounge room and a smaller one of our flat, but I hope you liked it!

I've taken some shots of the garden I've got made out of buckets and pots on the back landing, I'll post that soon.

Do you like to re arrange your house? Have you got any great furniture finds? Almost all of mine have been under $15 a piece from op shops. What's your best op shop find?

Stranger.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the little sneak peak into your house, and the sideboard is a great idea.
    Whats with rental kitchens being so shitty sometimes? our cupboards are all so shitty, and the doors are broken, and they are in the most awkward spots you can't actually use them well. the bench is kind of falling off a little in a corner too..but hey the rent is cheap and they allow cats! :) well worth it! haha. I like re arranging my house, I just wish I could work out how to set out my small tiny weird shaped living room. Our lounge is jumbo and too big for the space, but we can't replace it cos it's so comfy and has too many cat scratches to sell to fund a new one.but the rest of the furniture is 90% opshop/market/garage sale finds. Best find would be the coffee table I always wanted (eames style that was always about 100 or so on ebay) for $15! Most have been around 15..or less :) perfect!

    ReplyDelete