Home About Products Cameras Etsy Madeit Blog Tumblr Contact

Sunday, July 1, 2012

City Streets - B+W





Well, the rain has stopped and the blue skies are out. Perfect street photography weather. On Sunday, David from The Brisbane Catalogue messaged me and said that he and a few friends were going to head out and wander the streets. Cameras included of course. It was such a great walk around, I saw parts of the city that I've never ventured to before, even though they were only a block or so away from the main streets.

It also gave me a chance to start playing with digital B+W, which I've been wanting to do for ages. Here are some of my results from our roam, all in B+W. I am really happy with the results.



I think the last shot is my favourite from the day. I will post it in colour tomorrow, I think I like it better in colour.

I had a heap of fun and can't wait to go out again. I took four cameras with me, but only ended up using two of them. Next time I will pack lighter, that way I will force myself to use the two I take with me. I wish I shot more with my film SLR, although not less with my DSLR. I just know that I missed shots like this on the SLR by taking them with my digital. I had my Pentax ME loaded with faux B+W [it is developed with C41 processing, so a colour process] and would have liked to have seen what some of these turned out like with the film.

Oh well, next time.

Stranger.

1 comment:

  1. I love the last one, and the one of the feet. woo for jaz packing lighter with cameras!

    ReplyDelete