Home About Products Cameras Etsy Madeit Blog Tumblr Contact

Friday, April 20, 2012

Wow I just don't post do I...

I am excellent at things, like regularly posting and doing my laundry. So many things I am good at.

And on that sarcastic note, how about I just throw some photos up here and we can all have a good laugh. I mean look.

Yesterday as I was driving back to Brisbane after my News Photography class at le Gold Coast I teed it up with my friend Aimee Catt [all on hands free people, we gotta be road safe] of Aimee Catt Photography and we went on our first photo adventure together ! Yaaaaaaaaaaay !

I had two cameras in my bag [because I always carry at least one camera at all times, normally 2+] and picked up Aimee on the way through the city. We headed to check out Mt Coo-tha and took some city view shots, then continued our adventure to what was labelled as 'falls' but in reality was a single trickling rock formation lol. It was a brilliant pastel blue - teal clouded shade of water though, but the light was disappearing so quickly by then there wasn't a heap we could take photos of. It was still very fun though and I look forward to more adventures in the future :)



I went home over Easter and walked up the road to our local op shop, which was both a great move and a dumb move because I walked away with a lay-by for this amazing piece of awesome -


It's very rad and is in full working order, brilliant sound, the stylus even sounds cleaner than my one on my regular player. They know me and mum at the shop [my town is very, very small as it's like a sub town on the outskirts of the main bigger one - I wonder if it's even a town? Hmm. Now I don't know what it is. Oh well.] so they grabbed a record and showed me how it all worked - the staff being the right age to have listened to stuff on one of these and even owned one - and played a sick Tijuana brass LP on it. It was so great. The song that kept playing was 'A Walk In The Black Forest' and if there are any Goodies fans out there they will understand how hilarious it was :)

Some other Op Shop finds from my time at home -


Courtney came home for Easter too so we had crazy fun adventure times, namely for her to finish her roll of film for a Uni assignment.


Me impersonating a Hipster. What a bamf.


Because we're mad keen vegos. Or, because of the nature of Courtney's assignment :)


More Hipster shenanigans -


I tried holding my phone camera up to my Minolta SLR and taking a shot through the viewfinder. I got varied results, mainly because of the intense flare I was aiming it at, but hey tough love baby.


And finally, we also drank some tea ! Courtney bought me some, uh, interesting tea to try lol. It looked amazing. In reality, it tasted like poison lol. But the thought was there and we at least tried to drink it! Lolol.


P.S I'm headed to Newcastle next weekend so that'll be fun :)

Do you guys go on any random or even planned adventures? What about drinking horrible tea?

Stranger.

1 comment:

  1. I think your 'town' is actually classed as a village lol. Who knows. We don't know.

    I love the 7th photo down, under the bridge. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete